|HELP PASS THE RURAL ACT!|
|Most of America’s 900-plus electric cooperatives — which are built by and belong to their communities — are tax-exempt entities. A change to federal tax laws in 2017, targeted at for-profit companies, has inadvertently placed at risk the tax-exempt status of your cooperative. We need your help to correct this situation. Click here to learn more!|
SANTA'S ELVES ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
Need a Helping Hand This Holiday Season?
Mt. Wheeler Power Santa’s Elves Assistance program might be able
to help. Contact the White Pine County Social Services office to see if
you qualify. Applications available October 1st to 25th.
Follow these rules to ensure your application is accepted:
• Applications MUST be returned by Friday October 25, 2019 by 5 p.m. to the White Pine County Social Services office.
• You must provide a working phone number. A White Pine County Social Services staff member will contact you to verify application information. Only three attempts will be made to contact you. If they are unable to reach you, your application for assistance will be denied.
• You must provide proof of residency within Mt. Wheeler Power’s service territory.
• You must be able to provide a copy of your child’s birth certificate, proof of legal custody or guardianship if requested.
• Proof of income may be requested for the last 60 days for everyone living in the household, including paycheck, TANF, child support, disability and unemployment. All income must be disclosed.
• Children from newborn to 12 years of age are eligible to receive assistance.
Download an application HERE. Applications also can be found at our Ely office or the White Pine County Social Services office at 297 11th St., Ely, Nevada 89301.
Mt. Wheeler Power Board of Directors
COOKWARE EFFICIENCY TIP:
Mt. Wheeler Power Employment Opportunities
We currently do not have any job openings
Previously submitted applications are not kept on file.
If you are interested in National Cooperative Job Opportunities click here: